Monday, January 09, 2006

Relief Coming to the Hall: A Review

Tomorrow (1/10) the Baseball Hall of Fame will announce who among the nominees (if any) will make up the Hall's Class of 2006. Over the past few days, I've given my thoughts on who should get their HOF induction speech ready and who can make other plans. Today, I'd like to review those former players who I think deserve a place in the HOF.

If it were up to me (and I think an argument can be made that it should be), the following former players will make up the HOF class of 2006:

Bert Blyleven
Andre Dawson
Rich "Goose" Gossage
Don Mattingly
Jack Morris
Jim Rice
Bruce Sutter

It will suprise me if all of these individuals make it into the Hall this year. In fact, it wouldn't completely suprise me if no one was elected into the Hall in 2006. The voters are notoriously stingy with their votes, and with no first ballot HOFers, the induction ceremonies may be quite short. We'll know tomorrow who's in and who's not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home