Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hot Stove Gone Cold

I'm bored. The winter blahs have set in big time and I badly need a baseball fix. Unfortunately, there's precious little news on the major league front and I just can't muster an interest in watching the Caribe Series on the YES Network. What's a Cubs man and a baseball fan to do?

There are a couple of things going on that are (barely) keeping me sane. First, a new Cubs blog has started. AllCubs.com is run by the same guy that runs the MLBTradeRumors.com site. I know it is fashionable to blast the MLBTradeRumors.com site, but I enjoy it. While not always accurate (nor does it claim to be), I like the fact that the site has all of the MLB trade rumors up-to-date and at one site. Plus, with the word "rumor" in the name of the site, I for one don't expect them to get everything right.

The second thing is that we are zeroing in on pitchers and catchers report day. I think the report day is February 18th. I should know this, but I'm tired and too lazy to look it up. In any case, it is soon.

One other thing is coming up that is piquing my interest. I can think of a lot of reasons to blast the World Baseball Classic, but since no one is listening to me, I'm just going to enjoy the tournament. The WBC may not be a good idea, but it's still baseball and I'll be watching.

Until then, I'll just wait for something interesting to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home